Sunday, October 9, 2011

Let's Cook

The following was sent out as my September newsletter. But I was too la.... umm busy to put it up on my blog. For the month of October I have already sent out the newsletter and this time I will upload it here right after this one. So enjoy.

Summer is almost over and Fall is round the corner. The past few months the focus of our lives was to laze and do all that we never get to do the rest of the year. This month we go back to our schedules. Kids are off to schools, home is decently clean and kitchen is sparkling once again, refrigerator has more of vegetables and raw meat, pantry holds all the healthy snacks, and I am back to my cooking classes.

Today I did my first workshop after the vacation. I was a little disorganized but the realization that I haven’t lost touch with good flavorful food despite the endless pizzas and chicken nuggets these past months, made me feel real happy. The menu was Lamb Korma and Chicken Biryani. Delicious food that will give us all a ‘healthy glow’ as per my grandmother’s standards but the family doctor might not agree with the old lady. Yet, for the sake of our pallet and need to create a masterpiece, both these dishes were the perfect beginnings to the upcoming Fall season.

Hence, we begin to cook and eat. Classes are open to anyone who calls with a desire to learn Indian food of all kinds, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. For the fear of spoiling the broth with too many cooks, I cannot take more than two students at a time provided they are learning the same dishes. Otherwise, it’s a single student each time. All the supplies will be provided and you get to take along the food that we will cook. There is no fixed lesson schedule as such. It is flexible based on individual requirements. If you have a list of dishes that you wish to learn, I teach you one to two dishes per session. If you are a beginner and know nothing about Indian food, I will be happy to provide you with a detailed list that you can choose from. Or simply visit our website for a detailed list. You can choose as many or as few classes as you want. Each session lasts approximately two hours. The classes are generally held during morning times all week long. Please call to make an appointment and for pricing at 727-388-3537. If I don’t answer back immediately, it’s probably because I am in the middle of a class. Be assured, I will call you back. We will decide on a mutually acceptable time.
Welcome to my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment