Friday, January 1, 2010

Bridal Retreat (Sep 2009 Newsletter)

During an afternoon cat nap right after switching on a movie for my three year old, when I thought there will be a 15 minutes of peace and quiet, the phone rang. Grudgingly, picked up the phone half expecting a telemarketer on the other side, I heard a very polite greeting and an invitation to attend a Bridal Expo as a vendor in Orlando. That was the last thing I expected, the fact that someone would invite me, a chef, a cooking instructor, to a Bridal Expo. Why was I being invited? How does my work have any place in a Bridal Expo? Hence began the next two days to understand and offer what I can bring to this expo. My mind started churning out a plan. As if there was an extra force working towards it, within next few days I came across two very good ladies who became my friends and who are fabulous wedding cake decorators. When I put forth my plan to these two ladies I realized they are crazier than me to be going along with the plan. We as a team formulated what we call a Bridal Retreat and shaped it up to take it with us to Orlando. And we did.

The plan, ladies and gentlemen is a Retreat, where Flavors of Landour invites the Brides to be to Tampa Bay for a stay of 3 days and a 2 nights. During their course of stay, they will learn to cook, do yoga sessions and have a wedding cake consultation with our in house cake designers along with cake tasting session.

Does it feel farfetched? Not really. Think about it. Every woman has a dream of getting married at some point of time. As the planning for the big day begins, the dress, the guest list, the venue, the food and so on and so forth, no one thinks about life after the wedding, the reality of life. What about the skills required for setting up and running a new household? What about the strength to cope up with new responsibilities and stress? Flavors of Landour offers the skills and strategy to address these factors beforehand. We will teach the brides to cook, manage the kitchen, organize the pantry and demystify the spices to able to create delicious creations each time. Along with these, we will introduce the yoga, essentially the breathing and relaxation techniques, which are so much overlooked in our daily lives that many a times due to lack of these two, the stress levels increase and disturbs our calm. It hurts our relationship, our work life and takes away the smile from our faces and replaces it with a constant frown.

By the end of the retreat, our aim is to make you feel educated and relaxed with a new perspective on life. You will be armed with new skills and techniques to take on what comes your way. It will be our wedding gift to you which will last you a lifetime. We welcome you to come and spend few days of your lives with us and let us be a part of it. Spaces are filling up fast, so register early.

No comments:

Post a Comment